In the past, I used to write long form blogs, with proper sentences and paragraphs :)
Restarting my site this 2020, I think it may not be effective anymore:
- Slow to write: which means I write less, not a bad thing, but I want to record more, for memory.
- Slow to read: I don’t think most readers have time / patience to read long form by someone like me, I am not Paul Graham, not that he write too long too.
So, this is how I am going to do it from now on, aspire to have something between haikus and TL;DR summaries:
- Link less, search yourself
- Aim to get you done reading within a couple of minutes or less
- Forces me to think more efficiently
- You’ll actually finish reading more often
- I think it’s sincere to you, and it’s actually quite enjoyable